Listing of Felon Friendly Organizations in Arizona that Provide
Employment Assistance for People with Felony Records
Are you interested in a career, but have a felony conviction on your record? There are still career opportunities available for you, although they are more limited and harder to obtain.
You could become a self-employed entrepreneur, and start your own business. Of course, that is easier said, than done, but it is a possibility. Other careers would include the skilled trades such as being a carpenter, plumber, electrician, auto mechanic, HVAC technician, welder, and construction worker. Some other possibilities include barber, salesperson, service dog trainer, manufacturing tech, social work, and addiction counselor. These are just a few examples. There are many more alternatives.
Presented below are organizations in Arizona with links to their websites, which provide assistance to persons with felony records who are interested in career opportunities. These organizations can counsel you, and identify and connect you with employers who are willing to consider hiring people with felony records.
You can also check out the other sections in this website that provide the schools that train you for some of the available careers.
- 70 Million Jobs www.70millionjobs.com/
A national on-line employment platform that is specifically for people with felony records with many job opportunities in Arizona.
- A New Leaf – Workforce Services www.turnanewleaf.org/services
This is an Arizona non-profit organization that provides housing for the homeless, counseling, job training, and help with job placement for people with felony records.
- Aerotek Recruiting & Staffing www.aerotek.com/en
A global recruiting and staffing company with offices in Phoenix, Tempe and Tucson that assists people with felony records
- Arizona at Work https://arizonaatwork.com/
This is a statewide organization with 47 locations that provides no-cost career counseling, job training, and a large database of jobs in Arizona for people with felony records.
- Arizona Opportunities Industrialization Center http://www.azoic.org/
An Arizona non-profit organization that provides career training and job placement assistance for people with felony records.
- Arouet Foundation https://arouetempowers.org/
An Arizona non-profit organization for women that provides second chance counseling and job placement.
- Arizona Common Ground http://www.arizonacommonground.org
An Arizona non-profit organization that provides counseling and job placement opportunities to felons that are being released from prison in Maricopa County.
- CASS – Central Arizona Shelter Services http://www.cassaz.org/
This Arizona non-profit organization provides housing and counseling for the homeless, and also assists with job placement.
- Chicanos Por La Casa – Workforce Solutions https://cplc.org/econ/workforce.php
This non-profit organization provides counseling and job training and job placement for people with felony records. It also provides small business loans and economic opportunities for emerging small business to start and grow.
- Community Bridges https://communitybridgesaz.org/
This non-profit organization provides addiction recovery and counseling services, and job opportunities for people with felony records.
- Community Kitchen http://www.firstfoodbank.org/learn/programs/community-kitchen/
This is a no-cost program in Arizona that is offered through St. Mary’s Food Bank. It is a 9-week food service training program and job placement service following graduation for people with felony records.
- ExOffenders https://exoffenders.net/
This is a website that lists resources that are available for felons. It also provides a list of jobs that are available in Arizona for felons.
- Focus Employment Services http://www.focusemployment.com/
This is a career counseling and employment agency with offices in Phoenix and Tempe that assists people with felony records.
- Goodwill Career Centers (8 Arizona Locations) http://www.goodwillaz.org/jobs/career-centers
This non-profit organization provides no-cost counseling services to help land a job and advance the career for people with felony records.
- Help for Felons https://helpforfelons.org/
This non-profit organization provides job support, housing and other assistance for people with felony records.
- Job Path (For Pima County Residents) http://www.jobpath.net/
This is a counseling and financial support organization that provides financial aid to Pima County residents, including residents with felony records, for job training programs of two-years or less.
- Jobing.com https://phoenix.jobing.com/jobs/felony+friendly
This is an employment website that lists felony friendly jobs that are available in the metro Phoenix area.
- Jobs2Careers https://www.jobs2careers.com/
This is a website that provides a list of jobs for people, including those with felony records.
- Jobs for Felons Hub https://www.jobsforfelonshub.com/
This is a website that provides a list of resources and jobs that are specifically for people with felony records.
- OPCS – Old Pueblo Community Services https://helptucson.org/services/tucson-homeless-work-program/
This is a non-profit organization in Tucson that provides housing for the homeless, and a paid work program for them.
- Phoenix Job Corps https://phoenix.jobcorps.gov/
This is a non-profit organization in Phoenix that provides a no-cost job training program and job placement assistance for people with felony records.
- Primavera Works http://www.primavera.org/works/start-working/employment.html
This is a non-profit organization in Tucson that provides jobs for temporary laborers with felony records.
- Staffchex http://staffchex.com
This is an employment agency in Phoenix and Tempe that finds jobs for people with felony records.
- St. Joseph the Worker https://www.sjwjobs.org/
This is a non-profit organization that provides resources, training, and counseling for people with felony records, and helps them find employment.
- Yavapai Reentry Project (For Yavapai County Residents) https://yavapaireentryproject.org/
This is a non-profit organization that provides counseling and assistance, and links to employment & job training programs for formerly incarcerated people that are returning to Yavapai County.